The first printed map of Pembrokeshire, published in 'An Atlas of England and Wales' by C. Saxton, 1579. Top left, below the Royal arms supported by a lion and dragon is the title cartouche. Bottom left, the arms of Saxton's patron - Thomas Seckford, with the motto "Industria Naturam Ornat". Bottom right, Saxton's name on a band around a compass and measuring scale. Has the water mark of the 'bunch of grapes' which is from one of the earliest impressions of the Atlas and contemporary hand colouring. Includes free mounting on request.
Approx 46cms by 35cms.