An antique line engraving of John Tillotson Archbishop of Canterbury by Jacobus Houbraken (1630-1694), after Sir Godfrey Kneller. Engraved in Amsterdam aand published circa 1746. John Tillotson is wearing robe and bands; in an ornamental oval; an embroidered cloth and a putto pointing at a book below, with additional lettering; after Godfrey Kneller. Inscription in lower margin reads "Jacobus Houbraken sculps. Amst." and "In the Collection of the Right Hon: the Master of the Rolls" and "G. Kneller pinx.". Some marginal tears all round.
Approx 22cms by 35.5cms.