The Plan of Birmingham, surveyed in the year 1731.
The Plan of Birmingham, surveyed by William Westley in 1731, is dedicated to Warwickshires two Members of Parliament, the Honourable Edward Digby and William Peyto Esquire In the Year 1730 Birmingham Contained 30 streets, 100 Courts & Alleys, 2504 Houses, 15032 Inhabitants, one Church dedicated to St. Martin & a Chappel to St. John & a School founded by Edward 6th also 2 Dissenting Meeting Houses. The Increase of this Town from 1700 to ye Year 1731 is as follows 25 streets, 50 Courts & Alleys, 1215 Houses, 8254 inhabitants together with a new Church, Charity School, Market Cross & 2 Meeting Houses for a further account see ye prospect. An antique plan which was published in "Plans of Birmingham and Vicinity, Ancient and Modern" in 1884. 'The above Plans were copied, printed and several of them reduced, by order of the Public Works Committee of the Town Council of the Borough of Birmingham, from Plans in the Public Offices and others lent by several Gentlemen.
Approx 49.5cms by 40cms.